If I am not eligible for Medicaid what is there?

There is a program called State and Local Hospitalization (SLH) that my be able to help pay your hospital bill, as long as you return an application to your local Social Services office within 30 days of your visit to the hospital. It will not cover anything but the hospital bill. This program is based on income and resources only. For children under 18 whose parents are over the income limits for Medicaid and do not have any other medical insurance, there is a medical insurance plan called FAMIS it offered through the state of Virginia. They can be reached by their toll free phone number 1-866-87 FAMIS.

Show All Answers

1. Can I get any cash assistance for my children?
2. Do you help with rent or utilities?
3. How do I apply for Food Stamps?
4. If I am not eligible for Medicaid what is there?
5. Who is eligible for Medicaid?
6. How do I apply for Medicaid?
7. Can I get emergency food from the food bank?
8. What if I forget my PIN number?
9. If I lose my EBT Card how do I get it replaced?
10. What is EBT?
11. Who is eligible for Food Stamps?
12. Both my husband and I work. Would we qualify for assistance, or is it only for single parents?
13. What resources are available to assist me in selecting a daycare provider?
14. Can DSS assist me with paying a provider who watches my children in his/her home?
15. If I am found eligible for daycare assistance do I have to choose a provider in King George?
16. How do I get daycare assistance?
17. What are Social Services hours of operation?